'23 HPC Symposium
Time: April 14 2023, 10AM – 2PM
Venue: Klaus 1116 E&W
Women in High-Performance Computing @ GT chapter was launched in Dec. 2020 and successfully ran for over two years! So far, we hosted a virtual panel discussion with six well-known HPC researchers from all around the world in March 2021, a virtual seminar with three Georgia Tech HPC researchers in November 2021, and a HPC poster competition for students in April 2022.
In the same spirit, we are organizing a WHPC symposium on April 14 to showcase some of the accomplished and inspiring women within the space of advanced computing. The schedule includes short talks, panel discussions, and poster presentations. Registration is free and open to all, including those outside of Georgia Tech. The goal is to disseminate knowledge and inspire young girls!
We’ll have short talks on high performance/advanced computing and its applications featuring distinguished female leaders in this field. Our theme for panel discussion is “Latest advancements and career of women in HPC“. You will have opportunity to ask questions to our experts. There is also opportunity to network with speakers and attendees during lunch break while you enjoy free food!
We have a HPC poster session, where we aim to highlight student-conducted research, especially young female researchers who are severely underrepresented in the field. Submit your posters to win the Best Poster Award prize!
FREE LUNCH and PARKING PASS!
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am Registration
- 10:00 am – 10:15 am Welcome
- 10:15 am – 11:00 am Morning Talks
- 11:00 am – 12:15 pm Panel Discussion
- 12:15 pm – 12:45 pm Lunch break + Networking
- 12:45 pm – 1:30 pm Afternoon Talks
- 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm Poster Session
- 2:00 pm Closing Remarks and Poster Prize
- Bracco, Annalisa, Professor, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, GeorgiaTech
- Harter, Alexa W, Regents Researcher, Director, CIPHER lab, GTRI-ACL
- Kamerlin, Shina Caroline Lynn, Professor, Chemistry & Biochemistry, GeorgiaTech
- Loper, Margaret L, Regents Researcher, Assoc Director, GTRI-ICL
- Liu, Fang, Sr. Research Scientist, Interim Manager, OIT-PACE; Adjunct Assoc Professor, Computational Science & Eng, Georgia Tech
- Nisha Chandramoorthy, Asst Professor, Computational Science & Eng, Georgia Tech
Call for Posters
We are accepting poster submissions that focus on all areas in high-performance computing from all students regardless of class level or school affiliation. The topics of interest are:
- Discrete and numerical parallel algorithms
- HPC applications in science and engineering
- High-performance scientific software
- Performance analysis and engineering
- Any Applications running on the PACE cluster
Poster submission: Send a digital copy to email@example.com
All submitted posters will be posted on whpc.gatech.edu website for half of year, and top ten posters will be invited to join the poster presentation.
We will also have a Best Poster Award, decided by speakers and PACE members!
Important dates and deadlines
Registration deadline: April 10th 2023
Poster submission deadline: April 10th 2023
If you have any questions, contact us at WHPC@gatech.edu!
Please redistribute this event to anyone who is interested in participating.